Nowadays, Instagram is all the rage among people of all ages and businesses from all kinds of niches. The social media site is the best place to share pictures of your matcha latte and videos of your cute furry friends. But exchanging messages via Instagram is also a great way to connect with other users on the app. If you’re wondering how to reply to a message on Instagram, we’ve got you covered.
If you run a business page on Instagram, it is even more important to stay on top of all the DMs you receive. This is because the most fruitful Instagram engagement tends to happen through private messages. Whether you’re answering queries for a potential customer or connecting with business partners, DMs are a great leverage. At the end of this guide, you’ll be able to maneuver your way around Instagram like an expert. So keep reading to learn how.
How to Reply to an Instagram DM on a Mobile Device
Instagram is one of the most essential apps people have on their phones. It is, indeed, extremely convenient to have it right at your fingertips. So here’s how to reply to a message on Instagram using just your mobile phone:
- Tap on the official Instagram app on your phone. If you haven’t installed it on your phone yet, head to the iOS App Store or Android PlayStore and download Instagram.
- Log in with your username and password
- Click on the paper plane-shaped Instagram Direct icon on the upper right corner of your phone screen.
- To reply to an individual conversation, tap on the username of the person who texted you.
- Type in your reply and hit Send.
How to Reply to an Instagram DM on a Desktop
There are quite a few people who prefer to use the desktop version of Instagram. If you’re one of them, you need to know that the Instagram options look a little different from the mobile version. So here’s how to reply to messages on Instagram with a computer or laptop:
- Open any browser and go to their official website instagram.com. If it’s your first time using Instagram on a browser, you’ll need to enter your email and password. Click on login after you’re done typing your credentials.
- Similar to the mobile version, click on the Instagram Direct paper plane icon on the upper right corner of your screen.
- At the top, you’ll see a list of all the unopened and opened messages other users have sent you. To open a specific text conversation, click on the person’s username.
- Type in your reply in the message box and click Send.
How to Reply to a Specific Message on Instagram
In case someone sends you multiple messages at once, you can also choose to reply only to a specific text. This ensures that you can answer all queries as attentively as you can. So how do you reply to a specific message on Instagram? Here’s how:
- Enter your username and password to log in to Instagram on your phone or desktop.
- Tap on the Instagram Direct icon on the upper right corner of your phone or desktop screen.
- Click on the chat conversation you want to reply to.
- In case you’re using a phone, tap on the specific message and click on Reply at the bottom left. Once the text quote box appears, type in your reply and hit Send.
- On a desktop, hover the mouse over the message you want to respond to. Click on Reply to see the message in quotes. Type your reply and click Send.
How to React to Direct Messages on Instagram
With the latest updates, you can now react to specific messages using all kinds of emojis on the official app. This is a great way to make the interaction more fun and personal with any of your Instagram followers. So here’s how to react to direct messages on Instagram:
- Head over to App Store/ PlayStore on your phone and check if you’ve updated to the latest version of the Instagram app.
- Click on the Instagram Direct icon and open any conversation you want to respond to.
- Tap and hold on the specific message and wait for the emoji reactions to pop up.
- Choose one that suits your reaction.
What is the Quick Replies Feature on Instagram?
On your most busy days, managing and responding to many Instagram DMs can be very overwhelming. Not to mention the amount of time it’ll take you to reply to every single DM especially if they’re all about the same query.
Now, if only you had a magical button you could tap to put out automatic replies every time someone asks about your products. Imagine how much easier that feature will make your life.
Luckily, Instagram offers a similar feature that lets you create responses to frequently asked questions beforehand. So now, you don’t have to type in the price of your products or services manually every time someone asks. Keep reading to learn how to reply to messages on Instagram with the Quick Replies feature.
How to Handle Instagram DMs With Quick Reply Feature
For starters, you need to switch to an Instagram business account to get access to the Quick Replies feature. Once you’re done, you can start setting up automatic responses to common DMs. Here’s how to reply to messages on Instagram using Quick Replies:
- Head over to your business profile and click on the menu bar. Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down till you see Business Settings and click on the Quick Replies tool to get more options.
- Click the “+” sign to start setting up your automatic replies.
- Feel free to explore the large selection of options to create tons of shortcuts for your pre-saved replies.
- You can repeat the process anytime you need to add more quick replies.
There is no other social media platform that does it so well as Instagram does. Thanks to this amazing app, we’ve seen the rise of influencers, content creators and businesses online.
Once you learn how to reply to messages on Instagram properly, the world is your oyster. With this guide, you can easily figure out how to respond to DMs, reply to specific messages, react to texts and more.