App for multi-media instant messaging, Snapchat remains to be an incredibly popular social media app, as it makes it pretty cool and simple to send your contacts disappearing texts and clips, as well as to publish stories for your friends to watch. On the platform, it’s simple to initiate conversations with a variety of individuals, and your latest chats list might grow without your knowledge.
Once you’ve been enjoying Snapchat for a while, your inbox may start to fill up. It can be simple to lose track of a conversation if you’re messaging 50 people at once. Fortunately, Snapchat has introduced a pinning tool that lets you prioritize certain chats at the top of the list. Let’s discuss the Snapchat pinning process.
How to Pin Someone on Snapchat?
Well, there’s some bad news for all android users! Snapchat conversations cannot be pinned in the Snapchat application on Android smartphones; this function is restricted to iOS users. Therefore, if you don’t have an iPhone, you can’t pin people on Snapchat.
In the future, Snapchat may make the capability available to Android users. However, as of right now, only iPhone users can pin conversations on Snapchat.
Use the instructions below to pin chats on your Snapchat stream if you’re using an iPhone.
- To access the Chat or Friends screens, open your Snapchat application and just swipe right on your camera screen.
- Choose the chat or group that you want to save.
- You can easily access the profile of your friends, select either their username or the avatar.
- Chat Settings can be accessed by selecting the menu symbol which is located right at the upper right corner of your Snapchat profile page.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Pin Conversation.
From the Chat Screen, you also can access a conversation’s settings and pin someone on Snapchat. Choose Chat Settings, then choose Pin Conversation after tapping and holding the chat you wish to save.
The user or conversation will be pinned to the head of your feed when you come back to the chat screen. A thumbtack or pin icon ought to be visible next to the chat as well. In Snapchat, discussions can be privately pinned. People or groups you’ve pinned in Snapchat won’t receive notifications from the app.
How to Customize Your Pin Icon?
You can change the pinned conversations symbol or identification in Snapchat. You can change to an alternative emoji at any time if you don’t like the standard thumbtack/pin icon.
- Hit the gear icon on the top right corner of your Snap profile to access the gear menu.
- Tap manage after scrolling to the “additional services” box.
- Choose the friend emoji.
- Click on Pinned Conversation.
- Browse through the list then pick the emoji you like most.
Well, you can use different pin icons for each of the pinned chats as well. Although, for now, Snapchat allows you to pin up to three chats and not more! So be wise about who you pin!
Well, Snapchat is no doubt one of the most popular apps around the globe. And hence its features are ever-changing and improving. So, there is no doubt that it won’t be very late when android users get their good news from the Snapchat team.
Well, the iOS users are already aware of the pinning features now! But, what about removing the pin? Well, that too is pretty simple. In case you wish to unpin a chat, touch and hold it after selecting Chat Settings. That’s it! Call yourself a Snap guru now and make the most of this magically cool app!