Social media became more important than ever as a way for people to stay in touch with friends and family, find new hobbies, and stay up to date with current events. In this article, you will read: Best Time To Post On Instagram, And if you are new to the world of online marketing, you might have just realized that Instagram is one of the best platforms to be on. This site is a huge deal now that everything has shifted online.
We have made a list of the best time to post on Instagram after carefully evaluating the data from multiple websites, so go through this article thoroughly so that you can take advantage of all the things we have mentioned. Also, look at the analytics of your account so that you can find out the times at which your audience is most active. High-level engagement times are sure to give more exposure to your brand.
So without any further ado, let’s get you acquainted with the tricks of the trade!
- In general, by the many studies that have been carried out – 10 AM to 3 PM remains the best time to post something on Instagram. This data however varies depending upon the day at which you post as well, with some days observing an increased engagement rate and some days performing poorly in terms of engagement.
- Posting on Wednesday to Friday is generally seen as the better option as many people choose to be more active on social media on these days, as they fall in that perfect mid-week to weekend spot. Engagement rates are known to be low on weekends when people spend time away from their phones. Since people tend to be busier on weekends doing stuff they enjoy, it is not a great day for online businesses. However, many brands observe a rise in the number of followers as Wednesdays and Fridays approach, which is why they save the best of their content for those days.
- Mondays and Tuesdays do better than the weekends for engagement rates but are still slower than the Wednesday to Friday period we have mentioned. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be consistent with your content on other days. The algorithm notices overall consistency for the ranking of your profile and without it, scheduling your post will not matter at all.
- Sunday: 8 AM – 2 PM (Engagement rates are generally low on this day.)
- Monday: 11 AM – 2 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM – 3 PM, and 7 PM
- Wednesday: 7 AM – 4 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM – 2 PM, 6 – 7 PM
- Friday: 9 AM – 2 PM
- Saturday: 9 – 11 AM
- Posting at 7 AM CDT is a good time on Wednesdays through Fridays, as people tend to look at their phones first thing in the morning. And in the period of 11 AM to 3 PM people tend to check their phones even more due to boredom, or while having lunch. So ideally you should be posting your content at these timings to make them work better for you. Posting on weekends can be done in the morning, around 10 AM, as the days start later than usual and you can
- Best times to post on Instagram for technology-based companies, according to the data collected by Hubspot:
Best time to post your content: Wednesday 6 AM and 9 to 11 AM CDT, Friday – 7 AM to 10 AM. Most consistent engagement period that can get your content more views: Tuesday evening through Wednesday afternoon, Friday from midnight to 10 PM CDT
Best day to post on Instagram: Wednesday
The worst day for posting on Instagram: Sunday
Best Time to Post on Instagram for educational institutes and centers:
Best time to post your valuable information: Friday at 10 AM CDT
Most consistent engagement days you need to consider: Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 AM to 9 PM CDT
Best day to post information: Friday
The worst day to post your content: Sunday
Best time to post on Instagram for small businesses to get more clients and sales:
Best time for your posts to perform: Wednesday at 2 PM CDT
The most consistent engagement period for your content: Tuesday through Friday from 11 AM to 2 PM CDT
Best day to post your content: Wednesday
The worst day to upload anything: Sunday
Best time to post on Instagram for NGOs and non-profit organizations:
Best time to post your content: Tuesday at 1 to 3 PM, Wednesday at 2 PM CDT
Most consistent engagement rates were observed on: Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 3 PM CDT
Best day to talk more about your organization: Wednesday
The worst day to post requests: Sunday
Best times to post on Instagram for companies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry:
Best time to post your informative content: Tuesday at 8 AM CDT
Most consistent engagements observed on: Will depend on audience location and business niche
Best day to give information: Tuesday
The worst day to post your tips: Saturday and Sunday
- Every brand is bound to have a slightly different answer to the question of the right time to post. The information that we have provided above is through a pattern or trend that we have observed across that particular industry. But if you are someone who wants better answers, it might be a good idea to look into your analytics. Your analytics will give you an in-depth overview of your followers and you can find out the population demographics on your profile.
- This will give you more data on their behavior and you can use the analytics tools Instagram has, or invest in an external tool to help you find out the best timings for you on your profile in particular.
- The Instagram algorithm prioritizes recency over content and scheduling. So uncles you can keep up with the rest of your peers and competition, scheduling is the least of your worries. Having a content folder helps you schedule it better, so you better have some ideas in there and a long-term plan to release it.
- Having Instagram marketing Tools or Strategies is just as important, you can’t just posting content – no matter how good it is – with no clear goal in mind. You need to know why it is that you are building your online presence and how you plan on monetizing it. Keeping a target helps you drive more traffic to specific posts and get more engagement. It also helps narrow down your efforts to one spot so that it can get concentrated at that point and yield more results.
- Since the best time to post on Instagram has been generally put around 11 AM since it is the perfect mid-day time – you can try posting your content at this time and see how it works for you. Tweak your posting schedule to fit that of your followers’ and you are sure to benefit more from it.
- A few additional tips given from a huge content scheduling platform called Hootsuite:
Businesses post to their feeds an average of once per day
The average engagement rate for a post from a business account is 0.96%
People spent at least 30 minutes on Instagram every day and this time has increased in the past year owing to the pandemic restrictions.
Each visit to the platform lasts about 6 minutes 30 seconds
63 percent of American users check Instagram a minimum of once a day, and 42 percent of American users check it many times per day, so you know what huge potential your online business has to make it big.
- To find your best timings to post, first find your top-performing post and work from there. Which of them have earned the most likes? Which are the ones that have raked in the most views? How these posts are different than the rest of your profile and what makes them so unique? These questions certainly need to be answered and Instagram Analytics is your best source of data here. It helps you avoid heavy, unnecessary data and gives you precise information that is also easy to understand.
- You can also use external tools from sites like Hootsuite and Sprout Social to understand your analytics even better if that is something you wish to do. It has better software and collects more data and gets you more info about your audience. By checking when your audience is most active and posting at that time is a sure-shot way to get easy engagement.
- Another important thing to consider is the time at which your competitors are posting. This can help you tap into their audience as well because you now know where your potential audience lies. Since many major brands post on the dot, posting a few minutes before or after the ideal timing can help you grab the attention of some of your audience rather than grasp for the limited space at the main time.
- If your audience lies in a different time zone, then yeah – you need to work according to their schedule, which means your posting schedule should cater to them rather than make you comfortable. This will ensure that you don’t have to spend sleepless nights just to make a post about your business or brand and you also won’t lose out on any engagement opportunities.
- Optimizing your schedule is just as important as optimizing your Instagram posts. Just the use of a good filter or effect is not good enough anymore. Since the pandemic, people’s schedules have changed drastically with many websites observing a shift in the engagement patterns. Businesses are on their phones more because, with the shops closed, many customers are resorting to online shopping to get some good deals. As habits change, so do the graphs, so it is better to move where it takes you.
- Consistency is key to any platform you get on. Consistency breeds trust and credibility, so it is something that you should not take lightly or leave to chance.
Well, Instagram is certainly the place to be for anyone who wants to take their brand to the next level. So if you are still not on it – really, what are you even waiting for? Just go and start uploading some content regularly, even if you haven’t figured out the best timing. There are a lot of factors in play for finding the perfect time – we have summarized many of them in the article above.
By analyzing many factors we have managed to give you a rough idea of what time you should be posting on Instagram. Consistency is just as important as scheduling and probably even more than that at times.
By knowing the best time to post on Instagram, you can get more online engagement and the audience will flock to your account actively. You also get to appear on your followers’ feed at the optimal time – ensuring that they never miss out on your content.
This enables you to stay on top of things as well, you will never run out of content suddenly if you plan everything well in advance. This tactic can help the business reach its marketing goals every month and be visible to a larger audience continuously.
We hope that this article has sorted out the issues you might have had with timings. Make sure you are consistent with your timing changes to see the positive results in the statistics of your account. Get ready to herd the oncoming traffic once you apply our strategies and watch your account start booming with followers!