Growing an Instagram account takes a lot of work and effort. You need to engage with your followers and the people who follow you. Missing a notification from a new follower is easy, with the average person receiving 46+ notifications per day.
We’re going to teach you how to see recent followers on Instagram so that you can track who follows you, who you’ve recently followed and can follow the account back.
How To See Your Most Recent Followers on Instagram
Seeing your own most recent followers is easy. You’ll need to open Instagram on your smartphone app or in your browser. Follow these steps to see who recently followed you by:
- Tapping or clicking on your profile picture on the bottom left (desktop) or right (app)
- Click on “followers” underneath your username and near your picture
- Click “Follow” next to the person’s name to follow them.
- Click “Remove” to remove you from the person’s followers list.
How To See Someone’s Most Recent Followers
Curious who recently followed one of your friends on Instagram? You can also view who most recently followed the account by:
- Opening up Instagram.
- Searching the user’s account name and clicking on it.
- Click or tap on “followers.”
- Your account, if you follow them
- Accounts that you both follow
- Accounts that you don’t follow
How To See Who You Recently Followed
What if you want to see who you recently followed on Instagram? The Instagram app makes it easy to see the accounts you recently followed.
Unfortunately, you do not have the option to sort your followers on the desktop version of Instagram.
Instagram instead lists accounts at the top of your followers list that you are most likely to interact with.
Now that you know how to see recent followers on Instagram, you can try it for yourself. Instagram makes it a little tricky to filter followers, but in most cases, followers are listed in chronological order.